The Asiatic Search Bar

Become a fan of mine....Please :D


stand alone player
Quantcast

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Drizzy, what the lick read?


So thanks to a source I wish not to release, I was given the opportunity to listen to Drake’s “Thank Me Later” album. Although I wasn’t blown away, I wasn’t disappointed. It just didn’t have that classic feel to it, just hot songs; 32 bar verses with the hook only repeated once. No bridges and interesting breakdowns. It was almost like a glorified mixtape and we are all too familiar with such (So Far Gone). I truly believe that Drake handed out too many of his classic shit for free and let a lot of what could have been on the album, go to other people and projects; Best I Ever Had, Forever, Money to blow, Play Ball. Even on his prior mixtapes (Room for Improvement & Comeback Season) he recorded what I think is some of his most classic shit, however, I’m not sleeping on the man. Drake is the only man shutting shit down in rap & hip hop so hats go off to him. I advise you buy his new album anyway. My favorite is Fireworks, Karaoke, and Shut it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment